Bridge 45 Ropes Course Fun Day
September 23rd, 2017
We're glad you're ready for some challenging fun ... We are too! We'll meet you at the YWAM Ropes Course campus on Saturday, September 23.
Don’t forget these things when you come:
- Medical release forms completed for each participant.
- Weather appropriate clothing.
- Gloves (recommended: there are times where you will be grabbing, holding, or pulling ropes).
- Water bottle (recommended).
- A great attitude!
The address is:
7085 Battle Creek Rd SE Salem, OR 97317
Easy directions from I-5:
- Take exit 252 (Kuebler Blvd) and go West on Kuebler.
- Turn left (South) at the second light onto Battle Creek Rd. We are about 3 miles down the road on the right. The sign for our property says “Youth With A Mission” and there is a long drive with flags lining it.
- Turn right at the end of the flag poles and park in the lower gravel parking lot. We make every effort to have a staff member waiting in the parking area to greet you. Participants get out and walk across the bridge and meet in the grassy area by the deck overlooking the creek.
- Please plan to arrive about 10 minutes before your scheduled start time. This will allow you time to park, use the restroom, etc. before we actually begin. The more time we spend waiting for participants the less time we have to play!
- You will be climbing, swinging, sliding, crawling, and doing other physical activities. Excessively tight or formal clothes are not recommended. There is a high possibility you or your clothes could get dirt, sap, sweat, etc. on them, so don’t bring anything that you can’t get dirty.
- If it is raining or rain is forecast for the day, you should wear or bring some rain gear. If it is hot and sunny, you will want shorts (mid thigh length please) and a light shirt.
- Please wear closed-toe athletic shoes. Sandals or flip-flops will make it difficult or impossible to participate on some elements.
September 29th - September 30th, 2017
This year’s Marriage Retreat is in Bend! You Make Me Crazy is our theme, with guest speakers, Mike and Crystal Silva. Whether you are on your honeymoon, getting along well, just getting by, or on the brink of divorce, you will not want to miss this retreat!
Prices: Standard // Deluxe
1 Night: $259 // $269
2 Nights: $389 // $399
Includes all retreat materials, lodging and breakfast on Saturday. There’s an optional informal worship session on Sunday morning if you are staying two nights.
No refunds after and final payments due by September 10.
Find out more about where we are staying here.
Get a head start on planning Saturday’s free time here.
October 15th - November 12th, 2017
I Belong is an opportunity to dive deeper. Deeper into your relationship with God. Deeper into your knowledge of Him. Deeper into connections and relationships with others. And deeper into the distinctiveness of Morning Star Community Church.
We are going to spend five Sundays together, during the 11 am service—having a lot of fun, engaging in great conversation, eating great food, and diving into this incredible journey of belonging to God, to a church, and to a community with a mission.
I Belong will be 11 am-12:30 pm in the Bethlehem modular (C4) on Sunday, October 15, 22, 29, and November 5 and 12.
Baptism Prep Classes
October 22nd - November 5th, 2017
Baptism is an outward sign of an inward change. If you love Jesus and want to follow and obey Him in baptism, you can! Baptism will be in all three services on November 12. We ask that you be at least 10 years old and attend on of the mandatory prep classes. Prep classes meet in C3 modular behind the church at 9 am on October 22, 11 am on October 29, and 6:30 pm on November 5. You need to attend only ONE prep class.
Host a Trunk!
October 23rd, 2017
It's time to register your vehicle for this year's Trunk or Treat!
We'll be in touch with you soon to give you a few important details (like where your parking space will be, and how to get decorating ideas). Trunk or Treat will happen on October 28.
Trunk or Treat provides our church families with an alternative to Halloween trick-or-treating. It's an event for community outreach, inviting kids from all of Salem to dress up in friendly costumes, have fun collecting candy, and be invited to attend church with us the following day. 15 families found a church home through our 2016 Trunk or Treat! There's no telling how many more families will come to know Christ through the event this year!
Trunk Hosts decorate their vehicles and hand out candy to the kids from 1-2:30pm on October 28. Trunk Hosts are encouraged to attend our "Trick My Trunk" meeting on October 14 for a parking space assignment and to get ideas for trunk decorations.
Sunlife Goes to the Maize
October 29th, 2017
If you've ever been to the Corn Maize at Sauvie Island Pumpkin Patch, you know it is so much more than corn . . . it's the coolest corn maze in the Northwest!
Join us for a fun day starting at Sunlife at 11 am, heading over to Portland for the corn maze, and then returning by 6 pm!
December 3rd, 2017
If you’ve already been our guest at one of our Sunday services, your next step in getting connected at Morning Star is coming to our Connect event.
No matter who you are, connecting at a larger church can be confusing or even intimidating. But we at Morning Star believe that there is nothing more important than being connected to Jesus and to His church. That’s why we created our Connect event—so people of all ages, backgrounds, and cultures can come and find it easy to connect and be a part of God’s family at Morning Star.
At Connect, you’ll have the opportunity to meet other people new to Morning Star and some church staff, as well as learn more about who we are as a church, what we are about, and where you fit into God’s plan here and around the world. We do this in a relaxed atmosphere, with some great food and fun conversation. So take the next step to connect and sign up for the next Connect event. We look forward to seeing you there!